Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Well Watered Garden...

I don't like to rush into December too quickly without saying a proper farewell to November.








I do love Christmas, but Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, so I let my Harvest Decor linger a bit longer than most people,

 allowing the rush of reds and greens of the Winter Holiday to wait a few days.

Tonight we have special out of town guests coming for dinner.




  I set my table last night and most of the food is done ahead,
 or in the Crockpot because I wanted to be able to visit with them, and not feel the slightest bit stressed about serving a nice, healthy and flavorful meal.




Here is a promise to ponder tonight:

"If you get rid of unfair practices, quit blaming victims, quit gossiping about other people's sins,
 If you are generous with the hungry and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out, Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness,
Your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.

I will always show you where to go. I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—
firm muscles, strong bones.

You'll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.

You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past.

You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again." 

Isaiah 58: 9-12 The Message

No comments: