Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Vintage in my Garden...


From nozzles and shears, 
 to watering cans, I can't resist any vintage item
of a gardener's tool box!    
I not only collect old garden accoutrements--
I use them, too. 

My Garden is for the children, and also for my future grandchildren, I hope.  I think that the earlier one learns to garden, the more pleasure one gleans from life!





My little paradise has a definite whimsical side.  There are intricate folk art birdhouses tucked here and there, and rabbit figurines, along with frog statues.
 When he was little, I taught my son to plant seedlings and prepare the soil.  Now he knows how important it is not to step on the little sprouts striving to live.


 Next Spring I plan to start a "Tee Pee of Peas" with Bamboo rods for children-hiding from the sun, or playing in with family, or friends during play dates.
  The children get such pleasure from picking the corn, peas & tomatoes, and tasting them.

 The highpoint of any visit in the garden is
when I distribute the garden scissors
and invite the little ones to cut their own flowers,
 and then arrange them
in vases on the covered porch. 
 I don't worry that the blooms will be depleted, because cutting my flowers only causes more to bloom!


And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,
which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree,
in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed;
to you it shall be for meat.

No comments: