Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Anchor HOLDS


I am reminding myself to keep my eyes on my LORD at all times, especially in the midst of today’s trial.  My son seems to be intent on pulling more “sticks” in school today than any other student.  I just hung up the phone after speaking to his sweet teacher.  Am I the only mother who feels like I am living  a “sink-or-swim” experience?   Funny how my Bible reading was about Peter this morning!  (Matthew 14:30) “But seeing the wind, he became afraid, & beginning to SINK, he cried out, saying, ‘Lord, save me!”
I think of how I react when I find myself in the midst of “storm.”   As I hung up the phone, did I focus only on the circumstances (and drown), or did I look to Jesus, the Commander of all the storms of Life?  Today-glory to God, I kept my eyes on my LORD.  I pray that He will build in me a faith that will overcome the most horrendous storms.  Today I kept my head above water and learned to be the kind of mother that HE wants me to be. 
My Prayer Today:
Precious Savior- Keep on showing me HOPE.  Build my faith.  Help me overcome doubts and trust in YOU.  And help my son to become a righteous and faithful servant of yours.
  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: