Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Because she thought she had to... and other false myths





Helen Frankenthaler, "the List"


"I don't believe Martha simply chose cooking or housework over the Lord.

When she begged the Lord to make Mary help her, what she was really saying

was,   "Notice me Lord!" she wanted Him to see her. Martha longed for acknowledgment

and love, and was willing to do anything to get it...  it isn't that she wanted to be 

working. It's that she thought she had to...."

-Nancy Lee DeMoss
from Revive Our Hearts

2 comments:

Natalie Anne said...

I know that I always call you Martha, and me Mary. You don't have to work so hard! But sometimes I am glad that you do!

Dawn said...

I don't think I would choose cooking or cleaning over my LORD now, at my age. I have learned much!