Monday, June 23, 2014

An Extra Set of Hands...

I think in Heaven we just might have a kind of a "Clone Angel" that will help us with our work every day.  Imagine it... someone who would do everything exactly as you would, and extra set of hands  and feet with the same mindset!

For me, if  could have a clone here and now, one of me could work outside in the Garden,  and one of me could work inside. There is always so much to do this time of year and just not enough hours in the day.  Being a "more Mature Age" has brought its share of discouragement, for I cannot stay up all hours of the night anymore, and still function well the next day.  I simply must have my "Beauty Rest" now, as my Grandmother called a good night's sleep. 

 I LOVE working out in my yard, and have spent the last week edging, weeding and mulching. What I don't love is coming in at 7 in the evening and having all the dirt that was tracked in stick to my feet because I haven't made time to wash the floor in the last couple of days, and having the piles of stuff I bought at the thrift shop scattered all about.  I have made a vow to clean up my piles daily, and refuse to go to bed until the kitchen (at least) is tidy and neat.

The Virtues of Noble Woman
17She girds herself with strength And makes her arms strong. 18She senses that her gain is good; Her lamp does not go out at night. 19She stretches out her hands to the distaff, And her hands grasp the spindle.…

from Proverbs 31


 

No comments: